Every season we know that this division gets harder, but this summer seems to be getting silly.
- Roth signing a raft of players from Leeds (admittedly a bit of a firesale)
- eye catching signings from Leeds and also our own James Williams allegedly off to Sale
- Old Elts signing like it's going out of fashion
- Chinnor splashing the cash on what genuinely looks like a Championship squad
- now Cambridge pulling in surprisingly high calibre signings
plus, as DFS used to say, many many more...
you could argue that at least 2 of those are prioritising players over infrastructure, but I think these are signs that next year could be the toughest season down here yet. Thankfully some good signings of our own on and off the pitch have taken place, but you've got to think that standing still is not an option. What just about saved us last year might see us down this time. Still my favourite division for competitiveness top to bottom, but what competitive looks like might have just stepped up a gear.
Looking forward to more new signings and a first opportunity to see the new squad on the pitch.